Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Japanese Cherry Blossoms

This was a perfect project for my second graders. We studied some examples of Asian Art and more specificly Japanese Cherry Blossoms. We used watered down acrylic paint dripped on the paper (12x6in) and then each student got half of a straw and they blew through the straw to move the paint around to make their branches. I had to keep reminding them to take breaks and some needed some guidance in getting the right angel, but you can see the awesome variety! The next class I showed them the same pictures as before but pointed out different techniques in creating the blossoms. I put red, neon pink, pink and white for them to experiment with painting their flowers after I did a little demonstration of a few different ways to get started. I was so impressed with how everyone got into painting the flowers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think!